Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 30 and 31

Ok - the last two days of the month :)
Yesterday, the weather was gorgeous. No wind, slightly chilly and sunny - just beautiful, especially when you have thin layer of fresh snow everywhere :) It's also the first day where it's noticable that the days are getting slightly longer - which is fantastic!! So, my photo for yesterday was the view from my balcony. This is without any zoom - we have a small glacier practically in our backyard. This is the glacier that Jules Verne used as the entrance to the Center of the Earth :) It's pretty LOL this is the north side of it, when you see it from the south, it looks bigger because it rises straight from the ocean, but it's still more beautiful from the north side. At least that's my biased opinion!!

This morning I decided that on the last day of each month I'm going to take a photo of my girls together. So I got my camera in the afternoon and decided to pose them. NOT easy LOL - let's just say that they had other ideas!! And, one piece of advice: Never try to take photos of your children while Pippi Longstocking is playing on the TV...
See - this is what you get!!! Eyes only watching Pippi - not me LOL. Out of all the photos I took, this is the only one where I can see both faces and one or the other of them is not squeezing their cheeks together, or sticking their tongue out, or hiding their faces in their hands, or whatnot!!

I've already scrapped 4 weeks worth of overview layouts and they all look the same - basically a QP that I made using Kristen Rice's Project 365 kit. I thought I was going to make all my weekly layouts the same, but figured it would get boring, so I'm doing something different for the next weeks.This is a sample of my first four weeks :) I like to journal on my layouts and since this is strictly a memory album, I love that this template gave you quite a bit of space to journal for each day.

Thank you for stopping by - and I hope you're having a great weekend!!

15 comments:

Jan J. said...

I love the design of this page - I haven't tackled LOs of mine yet as I do too much journaling, but this lets you get a lot in and it doesn't look cluttered!

That glacier is awesome! You have such great views from your house!

AlaskaMoffitts said...

Great job on the LO. I love the view from you balcony. We live in such similar places and I enjoy seeing the beauty of your country.

slim4life said...

Ohhh!! LOVE this layout!! It's quite different from anything else I've seen! And the photo of your view - fantastic!!!

Kristi said...

Wow Glacier and Ocean so close by. What an amazingly beautiful place to live!! I think the photo of the girls turned out beautifully. I love that they aren't looking at you. :)

Jamie said...

fantastic view! Can't say I've lived with glaciers, just volcanoes. LOVE the page too.

Susan said...

Just amazing to think you can see the glacier from your house. It is beautiful. The picture of your girls catches wonder and happiness in their eyes. It, too, is beautiful. Like your layout also. I'm grateful for the days getting longer, too.

Anonymous said...

love your layout and the photo is very pretty, great story to go with it.

Anne C said...

Wonderful pictures, and I love your week LO!

Karen I said...

I love your layout! I have yet to finish my monthly layout, let alone tackle the weekly pages.

Great shot of the glacier!

Iris said...

Great photos and your layout is great, too!

Dawn said...

Such a stunning photo! I would love to see a glacier, I can't imagine living close enough to see it everyday. Soo cool!

The photo of the girls to too precious! They are growing up so fast!

Chreamps said...

What a fantastic view from your balcony! So cool that you live near a glacier and that it was used in a movie, so interesting!

You did good with the picture of your girls and that is a wonderful idea to take a pic of them together at the end of each month. Bet you'll see how they've grown come December.

Love what you did with Kristin's kit. I like to journal, too, and finding it hard to fit on a page without the journaling being too little. You did a great job with that.

Have a great week!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

I love your layout!! I think its awesome and actually I got to ambitious with the layouts early on and am already burnt out. I havent done one since the first week lol! I Need to really follow your example! Adorable photo of your girls, I get the same exact thing with my kiddos. Actually I am hoping soon I can start getting them together in photos LOL They are always by themselves cause they are so much easier to take photos of like that. Gorgeous scene too, wow. The colors are amazing!

Kimberly said...

Your home always looks so romantic and wild - foot of a glacier. Wow! And your children are gorgeous. =)

Anonymous said...

wonderful page and great picture