Monday, January 05, 2009

Day 5 - and new stuff

The holidays were too long - so long, in fact, that I got used to sleeping in, and so did the girls. This morning, therefore, was NOT easy LOL. I had to wake both of them, and my younger one, who has most mornings of her short life woken up before 6 am, turned on her other side and said - "No, I'm on Christmas vacation" when I tried to wake her up at 7:30. We did get up, finally, and she was off to Kindergarten and I off to work, while my 6 year old got to stay home for one more day.
So today was a challenge for everyone, everyone had to get up early, everyone was tired and miserable and when I got home from work, the house was a mess and the girls fighting. And my little one had a little fight with one of the boys at Kindergarten and has this to show for it...
This photo pretty much sums up the day - thus my photo for day 5 :) - a tired, cranky little baby - with a bloody scratch!

On to the new stuff...
Dawn Inskip has a gorgeous new kit out today. It's called Truly Scrumptious - and it truly is!!My 6 year old went slightly nuts when she saw all the pink and the fairies and asked me to scrap her birthday photos with it. Which I of course did LOL She turned 6 on December 4 and I still haven't scrapped the photos from her day...but here is one layout, using Dawn's - delicious new kit...Isn't she just the cutest ;)

Vera Lim also has new stuff out today. She has a pack of overlays called Overlays Worded...
I love Vera's overlays - and here's a layout I made using it
One of the good things about this 365 photos thing, is that I already have TONS of photos to scrap from 2009 LOL This photo was taken yesterday on our rainy walk. No matter how much I dislike the rain, my daughters LOVE talking these walks, getting wet and jumping in puddles. You don't really need much when you're 2 and 6 :)

I have another Vera layout today, since it's the first day of Vera's blog challenge. The challenge is all about change - and going outside your comfort zone when you scrap. There is a freebie template by MiYon (Scarletheels Designs)...
The challenge for me was to use a template to begin with - I hardly ever use templates and have a very hard time doing so. They either end up looking nothing at all like the template, or they are exactly like it, and therefore very boring LOL
These are my girls, by the way, on Boxing Day. We went to a Christening in Reykjavik and I got a few good photos of them outside the church afterwards...

That's it for today - thank you so much for stopping by :) And of course everything is linked - just in case I enabled anyone LOL

18 comments:

Kerri said...

Ouch! Your poor daughter! My boys started back at Kindergarden today too, and were adamant that they did not want to go, although staying in bed for a bit longer sleep, wasn't on their cards either!
Love your layouts! And your other beautiful photos!
Hugs
Kerri

Anonymous said...

found you on the blog train hun - beautiful pages and thank you for the promotion xx

SarahG said...

Thanks for visting my blog! Have a Great Day!

JoAnn Stringer said...

Yikes! The photo of her eye didn't even look real -- such vivid colors!

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing! Your daughter has the most gorgeous blue eyes!

Michelle said...

Cute layouts.

Anonymous said...

poor girl, i hope she is fine now?
Love your photo and all your pages - as always!

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at those beautiful eye(s)! Awesome shot!

Unknown said...

Oh your poor little one.

I too am doing Project 365.

Love those overlays.

chantal said...

Poor little baby, kindergarten can be so stressful! Hope she's doing fine now. Great photo, Lilja!

Connie said...

Awww poor baby, that looks like it really hurt! Loved your new layouts :)

Tanya J. said...

ouch... poor baby!! I love your blog it is super cute :) Cant wait to see more posts by you during this 365er :)

Linda said...

Looks like a very bad day! But, even with the scratch, it's a beautiful eye!

tconlan said...

I just love reading your blog, Lilja! Beautiful photo, sorry about her eye! and love your layouts! :)

Meg said...

Aww...poor baby! I hope it heals soon! Its a wonderful shot though!

Anonymous said...

found you on the blog train - beautiful pages and a great picture.

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Oh poor thing, sounds like a rough day! I Hope today is better for you guys!

Leslie said...

yikes! bless her heart! hope today is a better day!