Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 17

Today I decided that I was a lazy mother since I haven't started my 2,5 year old on potty training. She's been without a diaper a few times, but somehow doesn't seem to feel when she needs to go - and therefore, she goes all over. I've just been too lazy to clean up after her so it's easier when she wears a diaper. However, the prize of diapers has almost doubled in the past 4 months and now I feel like I either have to start having her wear cloth diapers (and I hate laundry) or just to bite the bullet and start her on potty training. So that's what I did - it's easier to clean up than do laundry all the time LOL
So I made a potty chart LOL - she gets a Bob the Builder sticker for every time she does No1 in the potty and a big Dora the Explorer sticker when she does No2 :) Today she started out quite well and did both - as you can see LOL Then, in the afternoon, I asked her if she wanted to go potty, she said no - and peed on the floor!! Oh, well - tomorow is another day, and she is quite excited about the stickers so I'm sure well get there in the end!

I have another layout with Shien's new kit, Xing Fu...
This is again from our China trip in March 2004. The photo was taken on March 3, and we had been a family for 2 days.

Have you seen Phuong and Miki's gorgeous new Valentine's kit? It's called Mood For Love - and it's just stunning!! I'm not even that big a fan of Valentine's kits since we don't celebrate it here in Iceland, but the kit is amazingly versatile...Justify FullThis is my 6 year old sweetie blowing me a kiss the other day :)

That's it for tonight - I'm off to bed early, since my lovely 2 year old and my pesty cat woke me up at 4:30 this morning!! I'm not a morning person, I've been grumpy all day!!
Thank you so much for stopping by :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your layouts and what a smart photo I hope it works!

Iris said...

Love your idea of potty training! Hope it works!
Great layouts, too!

Ellay said...

Great layouts! I especially love the last one with your little girl blwing a kiss! So cute!

Good luck with the potty training! :)

Chreamps said...

Great idea for potty training and hope it goes smoothly for you both!

Wonderful layouts - such a beautiful little girl!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

I love the chart how cute!! We are potty training Noah right now and its SO not fun! Good luck honey, really beautiful layouts!

Unknown said...

oh I know what you mean about potty training! Ezra needs trained too, but I am too lazy! lol!!! Great idea with the chart though and your LO's are as fab as always!!

Anonymous said...

n award has been handed to you Lilja check it out here:
http://carinscraps.wordpress.com/2009/01/18/my-blog-is-fabulous-an-award-that-is/

Jamie said...

Great pages! Good luck with the potty training--never a fun task.

chantal said...

Love that potty chart! Very cute!!!
Oh, and Crystal isn't the only one you gave you an award...You're fabulous so
check my blog too
http://chunlinproject365.blogspot.com/