Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 21 - 3 weeks!!

Three weeks down - 49 to go LOL I'm actually pretty proud of this, and I did my layouts for the first three weeks today, journaling and all. Actually I decided, that in order to definitely do the weekly layouts, I needed to keep them all identical. So basically, I created a QP, into which I can just plop my photos, add journaling, and voila - I'm done :) Anyways, I'm not showing the layouts today, out of pure laziness, since they are on my EHD downstairs and I'm plopped down on the sofa in the livingroom watching Britains Next Top Model. Basically, I'm too lazy to go downstairs to get them LOL

And now, today's photo...You may have noticed that for me it's the quality of the memory, not the quality of the photo, that's important. Mostly because I'm not the best photographer, but also because I take photos and scrap only for the memory, not for artistic reasons. So, there is a story behind this butt shot of my younger daughter LOL
Matthildur had a slight fever still last night so we stayed home today as well. When it was time to get dressed, she insisted on doing it herself, so I just got her clothes and a clean diaper and put it beside her. Then I went and got dressed myself. She got dressed as well - everything backwards, of course - but at least everything was on. Around noon, I went to change her diaper and noticed that she had not taken her old diaper off when she got dressed. She had just put her underwear on top of the old diaper and then the new diaper on top of the underwear LOL

I've got quite a few layouts to show, since there are so many, I'm just going to show them without a lot of journaling...

My girls in the bath...
Using Dawn Inskip's new goodies at the Digi Chick...

My little sweetie helping me cook the other day
Using Helene Douchet's fabulous kit, Ophelia - available at Scrapbook Graphics.

And again, dancing on her grandmother's guest bed - while grandma was was making it :)
Using Edeline's Blue Wishes - it's her fabulous collab with Armina!

And Matthildur, again, mesmerized by this cute candleholder :)
Using Shabby Miss Jenn's stunning new Love Potion kit!

This is from the day we met our older daughter for the first time.
I used the January collab at OScraps, Hopes and Dreams. The perfect kit for this layout!

This one is rather personal, about how I discovered I was pregnant. Truthfully, pregnancy was the furthest from my mind - and when the sick feeling in my stomach didn't stop, I thought I had and ulcer, or a stomach cancer, anything but pregnant LOLI used Catrine Hallingstad Gold member kit at DST.

These are my nephews, visiting on New Years Day.
Using Vera Lim's new goodies - exclusively at the Shabby Pickle.

Last one - I promise LOL These are my girls on a walk we took last Sunday :)
Using Phuong Ton's fantastic Mood For Love - her collab with Miki Ferkul, and available at Phuong's Studio at Scrapbook Graphics.

Well, if you managed to last this far, thank you so much for stopping by and have a good night :)

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your photo is a RIOT! and those are super cute diapers. =) What a great memory to capture. LOVE your layouts! I need to go scrap with Edeline's layout after seeing yours. I love your blog!

Shane Marie said...

I totally agree with your thoughts on photos, though I think yours are quite artistic :) And the diaper situation is a great story to record!

tconlan said...

TOOO Darn funny! Love the pic of the day!! Your layouts look so great too!

Chreamps said...

What a cute little bum picture - love the story behind it, too! I tend to do a lot of journaling (now) because I want to remember, wish I had done that when my son was small.

You have such beautiful layouts, I especially love the one you did when you discovered that you were pregnant - just beautiful and you are so artistic!

AlaskaMoffitts said...

Love the picture of the day. I have one of Josi with a pullup on her head! The memories are why we do this. They are so precious!

Meg said...

Such a cute photo and an equally cute story behind it! Your LO's are simply stunning! Love all of them! TFS!

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

What a cute photo,and so is the story behind it :)

Ellay said...

Hilarious photo of the diapered butt! Grea story as well...better than an "artsy" shot! LOL

And your layouts are just gorgeous! I really like your scrappin' style!

Petra said...

that photo is too cute and yeah it's all about the memory!!! Love it...

Lovely pages too, saw some in you gallery, TFS

Sheri said...

Lilja - your photos are wonderful! The diaper story is hysterically funny, too!! Love all your layouts, but my favorite is the last one - Joy! Absolutely precious!! :)

JoAnn Stringer said...

I am an "event" scrapper more than artist but your layouts look very artistic to me!!!! I'm interested to see your QP for your 365 photos, please post soon!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Your photos are awesome!! I love the diaper one too its hilarious! My kids do those kind of things all the time lol! Beautiful layouts!

Magdalena (m2m) said...

Fantastic photos Lilja!!!
Wow, what a wonderful LOs!!! You know, when I saw your pregnancy LO, I thought you're pregnant now :) I wanted to congratulate you here :)

I invite you to a challenge - you can find details on my blog :) Take care!!!

Emma said...

Loads of great pic's, I love the 6th folder one.

Karen I said...

Great pictures and the back story is too funny!