Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13

This project is getting increasingly difficult - it's not that I don't take plenty of photos, it's just that now that our lives are in routine again, I find myself taking photos of the same stuff over and over again LOL It doesn't bother me too much, but when I start going through my photos at night, I keep thinking, hmmm - I had a trampoline photo yesterday, one of the cat the day before...what's remotely new today :)

Well, at least we had snow today LOLNot much, though! I thought there would be more since it snowed so much for about half an hour - but then it just stopped. I'm happy - I like a little layer of snow, but I hate when it gets so much that the car gets stuck in the driveway LOL

Birgit Kerr has a new kit out today. It's a collab with Alana McCarthy at Scrapbook Graphics, and it's in a vintage carnival/circus style. It's called Carousel, and it's really beautiful. I'm not good with themed kits, but this is what I came up with...
...it's not remotely circus related, but since we don't have a circus of any kind here in Iceland - I'm hoping I'll be forgiven :) This is my 2,5 year old playing twister with herself - lots of fun LOL

Vera Lim also released a new kit this morning. It's called A New Beginning.
These are my girls on Christmas Eve. They were in a rare tender moment :)

Oh, and you can check the Happy Place over at DST for a RAK game from Dawn Inskip's CT. Dawn is adding a new store - and if you can guess what it is, you'll win her entire store for 2 whole months! There are still 2 more days left - so check it out!!

That's it for tonight :) Thank you so much for stopping by!!

16 comments:

Leslie said...

brrrr! looks cold! we hardly ever get snow.

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

Beautiful photos and layouts Lilja :)

chantal said...

Didn't you say you had spring weather? Gorgeous photo and beautiful LOs!!!!

Dawn said...

Beautiful photo but I'd rather see kids than snow, but I'm a warm weather kinda of girl. LOL

Erika said...

Beautiful picture! I too love it when there is enough snow to cover the ground, everything gets so much brighter then. Sweet LOs too!

Lena said...

That looks wonderful though! It's a great photo and I would love to have that snow! :D

Anonymous said...

gorgeous snow picture !!

Unknown said...

great snow picture. Im also doing a variation of this project and honestly there are a few days that i won't take a photo or miss an opportunity. how about journaling on that day. write about a funny tidbit that happened that day, or a thought or feeling?

Chreamps said...

Wonderful photo of the snow - love how you processed it!

You did great with the collab kit - very creative! The other ones look great, too, such lovely photo's of your daughters!

TFS and have a great day!

Juli Fish said...

I'm right there with you on the "now what will I take a picture of" train for project 365. How many pics do I need of my kids heading off to school?

How ever, how cool would it be to have a picture of your kid each week and then line them up at the end of the year and see the progression of change. I think that is what I'm going to do. Assign each person a day, take a pic and see how we change.

I like your snow pic and your layouts!

Anonymous said...

I love your circus layout with the extraction - very original.

I think part of the P365 challenge is forcing yourself to look at daily life (the same things again and again) in new and original ways.

Kathy said...

Like you, I like a snow covering but anything more is too much this time of year - great composition there too.
LO's are gorgeous as always!

Anonymous said...

Love your snow photo, and omg that layout from Birgit Kerr and alana's kit is great, wonderful!

Anonymous said...

wonderful picture and layouts

Jane said...

So you don't have much snow either? We got lots, but it's all rained away. Weird winter!
Love what you did with the circus kit!

Kimberly said...

Another gorgeous photo from you! Your layout is darling!