Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 16 and layouts

Today's photo is nothing short of terrible - the memory is great, though, and since that's 90% of what matters, I decided that I don't care. At least not too much. I can be endlessly disappointed that I didn't get a single good shot of my older daughter's first dance show, and I can make tons of excuses for it; the school was badly lit, I had a whiny two year old on my lap so I couldn't mess with any of the settings...etc, etc. However, I was just having too much fun watching her dance, and when I figured out that the few photos I took were horrible, I decided to film it instead - that also gave me a free hand to cuddle my two year old LOL
So here's one of the photos I took...She's got moves - and she's only 6!! I'm just wondering where she learned to move her hips like she does!!! Certainly not from tone deaf, no rythm me!!!

I have a couple of layouts to show today too :)

Dawn Inskip debuted at The Digi Chick yesterday with 3 new packs of gorgeous stuff.
Perfect stuff for the 365 Project layouts!!! And here is mine - this is Day 1 :)
We went to the beach on New Years Day and the weather was so gorgeous - for midwinter, at least!

Kim De Smet also brought out a new kit this week. It's called Clownerie and it's available in her OScraps store.
This is my younger daughter showing off :) She was 9,5 months old, highly mobile, just a couple of days from letting go and walking on her own - and she missed no chance showing off and just being a complete goofball LOL She's still like that at 2,5 - I'm hoping she always will be :)

Final one tonight - I promise!!!

Shien Designs released a Chinese New Year kit yesterday. It's called Xing Fu (Happiness) and it's such a cute kit.
My husband took this photo of Lovisa Lin in the Forbidden City. She was in my arms - and not happy about it!! She is looking at her dad, asking him with her eyes why he let that terrible woman hold her, when he could just as well do it himself. I can laugh at it today, because she's a complete mommy's girl - but it hurt at the time :)

I'm off to bed - thanks for looking and have a good night :)

10 comments:

tconlan said...

I love that pic actually, it looks really great in the tall thin frame! great memory too!

Anonymous said...

pages and photo's for project 365 are gorgeous Lilja and thank you so much for the mention hun :)

Ellay said...

Great layouts! Love the blending on the first one! And the clown nose on the second one is so cute!

Unknown said...

Love the pic - and it is the moment that is most important than the image.

Lovely layouts.

Emma said...

I love the shot that you did get of her dancing. She is sure a cutie and looks like she has the moves.

Lena said...

I think it's a lovely shot! She's adorable!

Carey said...

Oh, I love that photo of your daughter! You're being too hard on yourself! It's super cute!

Michelle said...

Great photo. It is so disappointing when you can't get good pictures at special events. I like the one you have. I love your layouts.

Rachel said...

I think the pic came out great!! I have been known to forget to take good pictures too!! But sometimes you are just enjoying yourself too much to have your face behind a camera!!

TFS!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

It's pretty hard to get a great shot of someone dancing, but you definitely caught the moment, and that's what counts!

Love the layouts, too.