Thursday, January 29, 2009

Days 27, 28 and 29

The photos for today and the past two days :)

January 27
This is our shoreline, what we see when we leave the house and walk 20 steps to the left. I love this view of lava rocks and wild ocean - and the slight layer of snow just adds to it. The ocean is always a bit wild around here when it slams against the rocks - even if it's calm further out.

January 28We went to the library for the first time yesterday. I've been meaning to take the girls, but it's open at odd hours and not the same hours every day, so I usually forget. Yesterday, I was quite determined and the library was open from 4-6 pm. The girls loved it! We sat in the children's section and I read a few books to them, they sat for a long time looking at books themselves - and then they got to choose a book each to take home. I also got one - and these are the books we got. Matthildur got a really cool Icelandic children's book, called Heimsk Ringla - which is a play on the title of a very famous book from the viking ages. Lovisa got a book about how the earth came into existence and life on earth until the Roman Empire. And I got a novel by and Icelandic author which I've wanted to read for a while. The girls made me promise to make this a weekly outing on Wednesdays :)

January 29
The month is almost over and I haven't missed a day yet - sometimes I almost do, like tonight. That's when the cat comes in handy. He was playing on the kitchen chairs when I remembered that I hadn't taken a photo yet today. So armed with the camera, I went to check it out - and I got the same look as I get from the girls when they want me to stop with the photos already LOL The look says it all: Get this thing out of my face!!

16 comments:

Jan J. said...

I LOVE your wild ocean view. Just beautiful! And LOL at the look on the cat's face! He is a cutie!

tconlan said...

wow!! love your view! Your kitty pic is beautiful too, even if he looks a bit annoyed! Sounds like you had a great time at the library!

JoAnn Stringer said...

Wow, please post more views of where you live. This is what I absolutely love aboutthe internet -- I get to see everyday life in so many places.

Kimberly said...

Lilja, that coastline looks so exotic and amazing with the snow!

AlaskaMoffitts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AlaskaMoffitts said...

Spledid picture of your wild ocean! I love to see different places in the world! Just amazing!

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

Wow, the photo from the ocean. I live fare out on an iseland my self, but we don`t have any lava rocks ;) It`s an amazing shot!

Susan said...

Oh, if I had that view of the ocean I'd have to be out there with my camera all the time and I'd never get anything done--even if it is cold. The cat does look a little aggravated. I like the frames on all your pictures. I also enjoy reading your journaling about your life there. Very nice.

Ellay said...

Great photos! LOVE your view! And the photo of your cat is awesome!

Unknown said...

Super wild ocean shot, and love the tight cropping on the cat pic.

Emma said...

Love the picture of the ocean, that is awesome. And isn't it nice to go to the library!

Chreamps said...

Such wonderful photo's!

Love the one of the ocean crashing against the rocks - great action and a beautiful view for you!

I used to love taking my son to the library. Sounds like your girls enjoyed it and looks like some great books were gotten!

Love the look on your cat's face (LOL)! Such a beautiful cat - love all those random black spots!

Have a great weekend!

m said...

Great shots! Beautiful cat && georgeous shore line!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

What a GORGEOUS view!! Seriously beautiful!! I love the library, I don't go nearly as often as I should myself! Love the kitty too, beautiful!

Karen I said...

Lovely photos. Love the crop on the kitty shot.

Sheri said...

Lilja - what gorgeous photos!! Love the shoreline, love the library story, love the expression on your cat!! Also love the way your photo frames blend in with your blog background!! Show us more of your coastline - and would love to see your house, too!