Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 14 and 15

The days this week have been very long for my girls, my older one has dance after school this week so she's not done until 2:30, and since our au-pair has January off, my 2,5 year old is in Kindergarten until 4 o'clock - which is a long day for her. The time from 4 until they go to bed at 7:30 is sometimes very difficult because they are so tired - and most of the time it's hard to get away to cook dinner LOL So this is what I do...
They sit on either side of the stove and take full part in cooking LOL - it's fun for them and total anxiety for me because, of course, everything is either hot or sharp :) But whatever works, I guess!!

Today I have a meeting so I won't be home until late. Therefore, only a slim opportunity for photos. Lucky for me, the opportunity arouse already early this morning!! My DH came home last night, and when he's home, my younger daughter sees this as an opportunity to rise early and keep him for herself for a little while. So this morning she woke at 6 am - which is late for her on these occasions - and they went up to the kitchen and livingroom area. Instead of turning dad around her little finger as usual, she found something far more fun to do. For one hour, she jumped on the trampoline, with the kitty, and sang as loud as she could. For one hour!!! She is just an amazing morning person.
Thanks for looking - I so appreciate all the nice comments!!!

12 comments:

Ellay said...

Oh, what a wonderful memory! I loove the little kitty! Great shot!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Awww they look so sweet in the kitchen and how awesome you let them help. I can see how that would be scary but I know they are definitley going to treasure that memory some day. You have such gorgeous girls!! I also love the shot of your little one on the trampoline LOL The kitty is a good sport too!

JoAnn Stringer said...

I know in my heart that I should always accept those offers of help, because we need to teach our kinds to cook and be self sufficient, but when I get home from work, I just want to get something on the table quick!

Sheri said...

I'm with JoAnn - we get home around 6:15pm - the girls have been at school/daycare since 8:30 and 9am respectively - and I try to have dinner on the table by 7pm... while helping them with homework at the same time. By the time we finish dinner/clean-up, it's time for bath and bed. If things go smoothly, they're both tucked in by 8:30pm, but usually it's closer to 9pm. I wake them at 7am, so they're not really getting enough sleep - but I don't see how I can cut our evenings any shorter - I already see them for such a short time each day!! :(

Christy said...

Great idea to have them help you in the kitchen. I love the picture of her jumping on the trampoline!!

Tanya J. said...

Cute Cute Cute photos!! My girls love helping me cook and they have so much fun! The trampoline photo is adorable as well. I know what you mean about this project getting harder.. I missed a day and its got me all confused..lol

Anonymous said...

great photos, love your story but wow singing loud that early, I would gonuts, i'm so not a morning person, and my kids know it hahahaha

Kirsten said...

looks like my house! my kids love to help too. fun pics!

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

Oh, your girls are two sweethearts Lilja :)
Great photos :)

GaoyouMom said...

Great photos Lilja. My kiddo always liked to help me cook, I regret that I had so little patience with her in the kitchen when she was littler. I'm better at letting her help fix meals now that she's a little older.

Kimberly said...

Your photos are so so cute! Oh MY! the trampoline photo is unbelievable - the fact that the kitty sat there during the jumping and singing, that is one great little kitty and the cooking photo is totally precious - I love how you framed it!

Leslie said...

My kids love being in the kitchen with me, too! Great photos!