Friday, January 09, 2009

Day 9

Five years ago, January 9 was also on a Friday. I sat at my computer at work, with my mobile on the desk, waiting for a very important phone call. The call didn't come - and at 4 o'clock I was convinced that I had to endure the whole weekend without that call. I worked until 6, my husband picked me up from work and when we pulled into the driveway at home, the mobile finally rang. It was the Icelandic Adoption Society, and the lady on the other end announced that we had a beautiful baby girl who was waiting for us in southern China. This was, without a doubt, one of the best days of my life :)

Five years later, here she is - a feisty, happy, troublesome, independent, big-hearted, fun, smart, beautiful 6 year old girl. My subject for my photo for day 9 - and a forever resident of my heart!
This is not a good photo by any means, she was jumping on the bed, "helping" hear grandmother make the bed. She's been very excited today, because tomorrow she is getting a long awaited kitten - and she gets to go to her first sleep-over with her friend LOL

Irene Alexeeva released two new kits today, first there is Junk Treasures, totally gorgeous, of course!!This is my 2,5 year old fast asleep on the couch in the living room. She is always exhausted when she comes home from Kindergarten in the afternoon, but she refuses to take an organized nap LOL She much prefers to fall asleep here and there in various awkward postitions :)

The second kit that is new in Irene's shop, is a collab with Lynne-Marie Favreau and is called Land Of Odds. It's amazing - and perfect for all kinds of layouts, but especially altered art layouts. This is my humble attempt at altered art LOL
Not much else today, we went to Reykjavik this afternoon and are planning on staying at my mom's for the weekend. Just relaxing, visiting friends - and maybe some shopping if I'm lucky LOL

Thank you so much for stopping by :)

15 comments:

Trish said...

What a sweet anniversary memory! The photo is beautiful! TFS!

Connie said...

Your story has touched me so much, congratulations on celebrating such a wonderful anniversary. What a beautiful photo!!

Emma said...

Such a blessing and a beautiful pic of her!

Wendy aka BrokenJar Creations said...

A lovely photo and precious memory :)

Jess said...

Congrats on the anniversary! I love the I can Fly LO--simply beautiful!

AlaskaMoffitts said...

Such memories. Can you beve how it seemed like we would never get to see their face and now I can't remember a time that they haven't been a part of me.

Kimberly Mincks-Schlehahn said...

Well, I think that picture is wonderful! Congratulations on such a wonderful anniversary!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Aww even jumping on the bed shes absolutely adorable and I love the joy you really captured on her face!!!

Magdalena (m2m) said...

Lilja, I'm so glad your little girl joined your family :) She's so georgeous :)
And your photo is lovely, because it's made with love :)
Congratulations on a new kitten!!! I hope to see some photos when baby cat will be with you :)

Anonymous said...

what a darling photo and wonderful LO´s!!
Enjoy your weekend :)

tconlan said...

What a great memory! I'm totally tearing up remembering the emotions of that call. Love that altered layout!

JoAnn Stringer said...

Happy referral anniversary! I think we all remember that day when our adoption "water" broke!

Anita said...

Happy referral anniversay.. we are approaching our 5 year anniversary with our youngest.. we must have been in China around the same time! I still remember the excitement of getting THE call!

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! And those are some cute layouts!!

Sarah Graves said...

What a great memory!! I can remember those calls so well, sends chills up my back!!