Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I can't really believe it's 2009 already - it seems as if 2008 just begun! I am going to try and follow the 365 project this year and take a photo a day to try and preserve our memories a bit better :) Maybe it will be an incentive to blog more often LOL - at least more than one post per month!!
This is the photo for the first day of the year...we went for a walk yesterday since the weather was extremely nice. We went to the beach, which is just a couple of minutes walk away from our house. I actually took a whole lot of photos yesterday, both of the fireworks after midnight, quite a few on our walk and then my sister and her family came for a visit - so there were many to choose from. The challenge starts to day, I think LOLI'm going to try and compile all the photos into weekly layouts with journaling about the week :)

Anyways, here is my last layout of 2008This is my older daughter out in the snow on December 20. We went to Reykjavik to do some Christmas shopping and had to make the trip a little fun for the girls. So we went to the Domestic Animal Park - and it was snowy and cold, but a lot of fun.
I used stuff by Cinzia Loosemore on this layout, her Color Theory White kit as well as her Brush Strokes for the photo and her newest pack of Quote UnQuote wordarts.

And here is my first layout of 2009Here she is at a quarter to midnight on New Years Eve. She was inspecting the fireworks which her dad and uncle had bought. She had been so excited to see all the fireworks on New Years Eve and had been waiting very impatiently all day. When it came down to it, though, she was a bit scared of all the noise it made, but soon she got over it and stood on the balcony saying WOW and cheering her dad on LOL
I used a combination of Birgit Kerr's newest kits, December Morning and Christmas Morning, along with a couple of other things :)

That's it for today :) I'm going to try and keep the posts shorter and more frequent from now on LOL
Thank you so much for stopping by - and I hope you'll have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

What a challenge to take a photo every day.

I love Bridits items. She has beautiful kits. Your layouts are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photo Lilja! I would die to go to a beach. I haven't seen one in years! How sad is that?! I LOVE the LO's too! They are soooo beautiful like usual!

Agnieszka(AgaP) said...

Great LOs, and good luck with your photo- project!!!! I really won't be able to fullfill that one ;-(

Anonymous said...

Wow Lilja, the photo is amazing and the same goes for your pages! Wow!

tconlan said...

Love your first photo Lilja! Your scrap pages are just beautiful too!

Mary said...

I want to be there right now, LOL
your page are fantastic, I see lots of love put into them. TFS

Magdalena (m2m) said...

Lilja, georgeous pages you showed :) They both look wonderful :)
Good luck in 365 project :)

Anonymous said...

oh Lilja such gorgeous pages, and I love your photo, cant wait to see more of both :)

Chreamps said...

Beautiful beach picture (and I'm jealous! LOL). Wonderful layouts, too!

Dirty Feet Designs said...

love the photo! very pretty! your LO's rock!