Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day 6 - isn't it?

Today is the last day of Christmas for us. We went to a bonfire with fireworks along with some trolls and elves and other supernatural beings that are connected to Christmas and New Year here in Iceland. So I was absolutely positive I was going to have a fabulous photo for today. It was a bit windy, really cold and rainy, and although I took tons of photos - it was only because my "trigger" finger was frozen stiff to the camera and I did not get even ONE SINGLE decent one!!! In the garbage they all went! When I tried to take photos inside afterwards, since we had a celebratory dinner at my in-laws', I found that now my camera was frozen stiff and there were no photos to be taken - good or bad!! Except for this one - which was essentially bad, but slightly salvagable LOLThe photo mask is by Anna Aspnes, Xmas FotoBlendz No1 (love her masks!!) and I just realized that I forgot to credit the frames for my Day 4 and 5 photos. They are Mailing Label Frames by Bren Boone.

I have a couple of layouts today too :)
My little sweetie trying to look at the photos, still in the camera, which I had just taken of her. She had been posing with her best smile and this was the only remotely natural looking photo I got of her - and then it was only 3/4 of her face LOL
I used JanaM's newest kit, Something New, to scrap this photo. The kit is available in Jana's ZigZagScraps shop...

And I just finished this layout. It's my first as a CT member for Jen Ulasiewicz, and I kind of like it :) And I love Jen's designs!!
I used a mish mash of everything for this layout - it's linked for proper credit :) This is my 6 year old little beauty on the morning of Christmas Eve Day. She was super hyper and excited but was trying her hardest to not be impatient LOL And now Christmas is over and tomorrow, all the Christmas decorations will come down. I should have started this evening, but it was a long day - and it will keep :)

That's it for tonight - I'm off to bed! Thank you so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

tconlan said...

That photo is sooo cool! I love it with the photo mask!

Meg said...

I think its a cools shot. The glass through a glass is really neat and I love that photo mask. TFS.

Anonymous said...

I think the photo is really cool!! The glass seen through the other glass is a great effect!! I'm sorry you lost all of your other photos...that has to be very disappointing! Thanks for sharing your Project 365 with us!

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing photo! I love how you can see through it and everything!

Kim said...

Great picture and I love the effects you've used. Very Nice!

Melissa MacKinnon said...

Loving todays photo! Wish I could take an "oops" shot as good! Also love the photo mask - will have to check those out! TFS!

JoAnn Stringer said...

Happy 12th Night! Merry Epiphany!

In the U.S., so many people rush into the Christmas season, some even before Thanksgiving in November, then they are in such a hurry to get over Christmas, taking down their tree and decorations on Dec. 26. I wish more people would do as you all do and keep the 12 Days of Christmas (would you believe in the U.S. most people think the 12 days start BEFORE Christmas?)

Tanya J. said...

Great photo! and I love the frame and pretty much everything about this photo!! :) Happy Holidays to you!!!
I dont know if I could handle Christmas that long..lol
Happy 365er day!!
Tanya

Chreamps said...

I think it's a great shot, too! Your layouts are wonderful!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

I actually think this is a REALLY cool shot! I love the perspective! I am sorry it didnt work out at the festivities though. Sounds like a cool place to have been!

Kristi said...

I really like it!! I love that you can see the other glass through the glass!! Your celebration sounds so cool - I hope you are warm now! :)

Dawn Inskip said...

Oh no, and I was looking forward to seeing some trolls ... but you didn't disappoint, love the photo for day 6 :)

Brenda said...

Very cool--the photo edge really ties it all together.

Sheri said...

Wow, Lilja!! So glad I found your blog - your work is so inspiring!! Hope your little one's eye is better!

Kimberly said...

So sorry your camera froze but that shot of the glass is super pretty and GORGEOUS layouts!!!