Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Almost a week!!

First of all, I've been challenged by Magda :) I had to go to my photos folder, find the 6th folder of photos and then the 6th photo in the folder. I have to post that photo on my blog and describe it. Since I only have 2008 and 2009 in the photos folder on my computer, this is what I found.
My lovely girls taking a bath at the beginning of February 2008. They have their good moments - and bath time usually brings those moments out - especially of Lovisa gets to wash Matthildur's hair LOL
And now I challenge these fine bloggers...

I've been taking photos - but time just flies off, and there is not enough of it to post to the blog!! Or maybe I just forget :)

Anyways, here are my photos...

January 22
Lovisa Lin waking up. It takes her awhile these days - quite unlike time before school LOL What happens to kids in school? All of a sudden, my usually happy early riser, who I never had to wake up, is a grumpy little person in the morning!!

January 23
Friday was Husband's Day in Iceland. It's a very old tradition and marks the first day of the hardest winter month according to the old Icelandic calendar system. On this day, we are expected to be extra nice to our men - and Lovisa, Matthildur and I went and got DH some flowers (which he never appreciates, but always gets LOL) and some chocolates - which he always appreciates!! Lovisa Lin looks forward to this every year, because she always gets to help dad finish up the chocolates :)
On this day, we also have a traditional get-together with my in-law's, where we eat traditional Icelandic food. I do have some photos of the sheep heads and shark - but thought the flowers were nicer LOL

January 24
Last week Lovisa Lin all of a sudden started talking about how nice it would be to have hot chocolate and toast for breakfast on weekends. I don't know where she got that from, but she kept talking about it - so on Saturday my husband made hot chocolate and toast for us all. She loved the toast and Matthildur Inga loved the chocolate (she doesn't care in what form chocolate is LOL). However, I guess it wasn't quite as good as she expected it to be, so there was no asking for this type of breakfast on Sunday :)

January 25Matthildur Inga and my BIL's black lab. They get on really well - and on Sunday, when he came for a visit, they relaxed together on the kitchen floor LOL

January 26
Yesterday mornings fun :) Matthildur was getting dressed and somehow her tights ended up on her head. She found this extremely funny and stood for awhile in front of the mirror admiring herself LOL

One plug...Vera Lim has her Memories Makers Collection on special. It's only $3 (THREE DOLLARS!!!) which is a discount of 92%

9 comments:

Chreamps said...

What wonderful photos!

The one of your daughters in the bath together is so sweet - love the soap bubbles in the hair.

Yes, once school starts they are so hard to get up (teenagers even LOL)! But such a cute phot of her!

What a wonderful tradition! My husband would love that (flowers and chocolate)! What a beautiful rose - love the color! Maybe I should start an Iceland tradition here.

Hot chocolate and toast does sound good - great pic!

What a sweet photo the the lab! They are so good with children.

That last one is so cute, love to see them acting silly!

Have a great day!

tconlan said...

Ok, I accept your challenge! :) I'll get at it tomorrow though! LOVED your 6th photo! I really like how you're using those thin frames for your pics too :)

AlaskaMoffitts said...

The picture of the tights on her head is so funny! Your blog is great!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Adorable photos!! that first one is so precious and the one of the rose is such a beauty!

Unknown said...

I love your catchup - great photos. Love the close cropping on some of them.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo's you have posted here. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! Love the silly one with the tights on her head ... too cute!

Bling - our elf on the shelf said...

Love the photo were she has the tights on her head*lol*
And the other photos are great!

Meg said...

Beautiful photos! Your children are adorable and the rose shot is amazing! Husband's day sounds really neat! TFS!