Saturday, January 23, 2010

Friday's adventures

We left home yesterday afternoon at 1pm and were well on our way to Reykjavik when the truck had a flat tire. We had no spare - not even a jack! - in our trunk, so we had to call home and see if anyone could bring us a spare. So we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, DH's sister came with a spare, but when he tried to put it under the car, it didn't fit. At that time, we had waited in the car for 3 hours so we decided to get everyone in DH's sister's car and head home with the tire, get it fixed and then DH and his sister would go back to get our truck. Well, we left home originally at 1pm. The girls, the cat and I got back home at 5:30 pm and DH got back with the car at 9pm.
So we didn't get to go to Reykjavik, which was ashame because we were going to have dinner and a fun time with our China adoption group in Reykjavik last night. They are the most fun group of people and we are all really sad that we missed the get together. But that's life for you LOL
So that's my view, yesterday for most part of the afternoon. If the weather had been half decent it wouldn't have been that bad of a wait - but it was really windy and cold and wet, so we didn't go outside that much LOL I'm really amazed how well the girls endured the wait without fighting :)

And I forgot to post Thursdays photo. I had a late meeting Thursday night and was really tired when I got home, so I just vegetated in front of the TV before I went to bed :)The girls got popcorn as an afternoon snack. They LOVE popcorn, but never get it unless DH is home. I don't know how to make popcorn - and I admit that with a certain degree of shame, because I've been told everybody can make popcorn. Well, I can't!! Maybe because I don't like it - I don't know, but it always ends up burned and bad when I try LOL
But, because the girls love it, DH sometimes makes a large batch before he leaves so I can give them a little every day :)

1 comment:

Jan J. said...

What a day you had - and the cat was with you?! Sorry you missed your get-together with the China group. Bummer!