Friday, January 11, 2008

Reiman Gardens

There is a wonderful butterfly garden in Ames where we stayed for the holidays. On December 31 we went there for the second time during our stay - and this time I didn't forget my camera :D It's fun to be inside a steeming hot greenhouse with tropical plants and all those gorgeous multi-colored butterflies of all sizes - and then look outside and see all the snow and people in arctic clothing walking by outside!
My girls loved being there. My little one was just in awe for the longest time, just looking at all the butterflies swirling by. My big girl had one wish, and that was for a butterfly to land on her and sit there for awhile. She stood still in awkward position, trying to get her hand close to the flowers where the butterflies were feeding themself - but they never did land on her. I did manage to get a photo of her where it appeared as if there was a butterfly on her hand - and here it is :D

I used Mistica Design's gorgeous Last Summer Days with a couple of butterflies from her newest kit, My Secret Garden. It's available at her store at Digital Scrap Girl.

As usual, clicking my layout brings you to my DST gallery for details and credit. Clicking the kit brings you to Monja's store. And the layout book is by Blushbutter.

4 comments:

Monique said...

What beautiful photos and layouts! Looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds like a really beautiful place! gorgeous layouts of it!

gabs-art said...

what a gorgeous LO - I never would have thought that it is done be this kit! very great outwork!

Anonymous said...

wow that kit is amazing and your lo is GORGEOUS tfs