Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Only Tuesday!

The week just started, and I can't wait for the weekend! My DH left Saturday morning and isn't coming back until sometime Thursday, but for a long weekend - and I can't wait!! I'm really not cut out to be a "single mum" and those who do it alone all the time have my utmost respect! It will probably get easier the older the girls get, but right now, I can't even take a proper shower in the morning, or a) the floor gets all wet because they just have to tell me something very important and thus get the shower curtain all to one side, or b) I close the door and they hammer on it the whole time, yelling that they just have to tell me something important and it just can't wait LOL

This morning we overslept. I don't have an alarm, because my 2 year old functions really well as an alarm most of the time, demanding breakfast sometime between 4:30 and 6:30 am. This morning, she decides to sleep in LOL so at 7:55 I wake up, with the kitchen a mess, school- and swimbag unsorted, needing to clean up the kitchen and prepare mid morning coffee for the carpenters, needing to find clean clothes for the girls and myself, clean up, brush teeth etc etc. And Lovisa needs to be in school by 8:30. Well, we got there at 8:40 - so she was late, but not by much. But, I don't want to repeat this morning anytime soon LOL It should teach me to get everything cleaned and ready the night before - but it probably won't!

Anyways, on to my layouts :)I took this photo of Lovisa Lin at the beginning of September and I just loved it. She was going around and around on that swing thing and I just thought there was so much motion in the photo. Didn't really know how to scrap it, but decided to just extract it and experiment with shadows to attempt a "swing off the page" effect LOL I like it - and it did get a mention in the General Standouts Thread at DST this weekend, so I'm really happy about that!
I used Birgit Kerr and Flerg's gorgeous Autumn Glory collab - it's fabulous! If you haven't gotten it yet, consider yourself enabled :)

This one I did for my ongoing challenge of finishing up my 2007 photos!! It shows Lovisa's love of doing the dishes LOL It's just too bad that their enthusiasm for houseworks leaves them before it's any use!!
I used a lot of different things from Karah Fredricks in this layout - her store is gorgeous, you really should take a look :)

Now, isn't she cute LOL This is another one for my 2007 album - I just haven't figured out where to add the journaling, so I left it as is for the moment. This is from the end of May 2007 and Matthildur was 11 months. She had been walking for over a month already, but couldn't quite keep up with her big sister when it came to running around in the grass. It was just too uneven and soft for her balance. So she sat herself down and just watched wistfully while Lovisa ran around. I just bet she was thinking: "You just wait, I'll catch up with you eventually...!" :)
I used Peta Boardman's gorgeous Innocence. I probably said so already somewhere, but I'm guesting for Peta this month and she has some seriously awesome designs!!

Last one today, I promise :) These are Lovisa Lin (white tank top), Matthildur Inga (middle) and their friend. We were visiting North-west Iceland at the end of July and caught the best weather ever! It would even have been considered warm in other countries LOL
I used Amanda Rockwell's Cord Stack papers and her Sweet Sugar kit for this layout. Amanda's stuff is amazing! I can't believe I got on her CT!! I did this layout for a scraplift challenge over at Scrap Artist.

Alright, that's it. I better get coffee on the table for the carpenters, wake up my 2 year old and pick my 5 year old up from her piano lesson. As always, the layouts are all linked for full credit.

Thank you so much for stopping by :)

7 comments:

Glynis Peters said...

I love your LO's and I KNOW what you feel like running late, I did it once with my 3 that was 20yrs ago, it never happened again. Enjoy your time with your other half when he returns
Deep breath and relax ;)

mphoinix said...

omgoodness those are wonderful.. Luv luv the lo.
Maggie

Ava in Wonderland said...

Ugh, I HATE running late. Throws the whole day off!! Love the LO's!!

Leigh said...

Absolutely stunning lo's! Every single one!

Creative Junkie said...

omg - that first layout is STUNNING!

I've been a single mom before and it's so hard - I have the utmost respect for those who manage to do with without losing their sanity. I lost mine on occasion but luckily, found it soon thereafter. WHEW.

And I have to say ... I love that name Lovisa. I've never heard it before - it's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Los, especially love the one of your DD swinging!

Cheers!

MrsRomer said...

Your LO's are GORGEOUS!