Thursday, September 11, 2008

Almost midnight...

...and I can't fall asleep! So what better than to turn the computer on, surf some scrapping forums and do a layout???!!! LOL I'm totally addicted to this - I'll admit it freely and completely :) Anyways, my DH is coming home later tonight or tomorrow morning, depends how far they went this time around. Sometimes they sail so far out into the Atlantic that they are almost closer to Greenland than Iceland. Then it takes them awhile to sail back. The first few weeks after he goes back to sea are terrible for my sleep. I go to bed late, wake up early and sleep very lightly in between LOL I do get used to this, it just takes awhile.

Since it's late and I'm feeling reckless, I took the plunge and submitted a layout for publication. It's a big step for me since I'm awfully afraid of rejection LOL - but I guess you won't know if you have a shot at being published unless you try...! So here's crossing my fingers and hoping for an "Out for Publication" sign in my galleries!

Well, I haven't been very productive, scrap wise, for the past few days. I've only managed three layouts in three days LOL I did another layout with Peta Boardman's gorgeous Sweet Delight
It's my little sweetie being utterly adorable with her binkie LOL I love this stage - not the binkie, but the 2 year old stage. There is so much progress each and every day - and it's so amazing to watch!

Amanda Rockwell put a new kit up in her store at the end of last week. It's so much fun and gorgeous like all her stuff is. It's called Backyard Whimsy...
There is a story that goes with this one LOL. We went to England in June 2005 with my in laws. Lovisa Lin was 2,5 and all she wanted to do was visit farm parks, or "go see farmers" like she put it :) So, we went to a lot of them. Usually the animals were fenced in (or the visitors really) so there was minimum contact except to put some food in ones palm and let them eat it through the fence - which she LOVED. Then, at this one place, there was a goat roaming around free as a bird - and it was a pretty big goat, big enough to lick Lovisa's face LOL - and she did NOT like that. The goat just wouldn't go away, just pushed and pushed for more food. Eventually we had to rescue Lovisa and go visit the playground :)

And here's my layout for today. I did this for the DST October color challenge. There's no story with this one, it's just a nice photo of Lovisa Lin when she was experiencing the crisp cool weather of fall for the first time - at least the Icelandic version of cool. She had already experienced the southern Chinese version of cool, which is quite a bit warmer LOL
The layouts are linked for credit - as usual :) Thank you so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pages!

Hope you are able to get a good night's sleep!
Hugs,
Thena.typepad.com

The Mini Mum said...

Good luck with getting published! They are all gorgeous pages! :o)

Amanda said...

Good luck with getting published. I really like all your pages! Your use of the realistic elements is great! It's not something I've gotten the hang of.

Angie (mighty-nice) said...

Your layouts are lovely - I'm sure you'll be published sooner or later - you're very talented! I love the name Lovisa Lin - how pretty!

Visiting from IL via the DST blog train - come find me here: htpp://isladeangela.wordpress.com/

Barb said...

Great layouts, good luck with the pub!

Ava in Wonderland said...

Your LO's are just stunning!!