Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shabby Girl...

...I'm a Shabby Girl!!! Shabby Miss Jenn just announced her new CT members - and I'm a full time member on her team!!! I can't really believe that I'm part of her team - this is like an all star team - and me!! I'm just smiling from ear to ear :)

In other news - the winds are howling outside and picking up speed. They are up to 80 miles per hour and getting stronger. It's supposed to be windy like that for the rest of the week. I have mixed feelings about the autumn storms, if I don't have to go anywhere, and my family is home - I love to snuggle up listening to the wind. If I need to be somewhere else, or if my DH is out on sea, like right now, I REALLY hate the sound of the wind.

Anyways, I've really gone overboard on all the fantastic fall kits out there - and some of the designers I CT for have just designed the most fabulous kits. Birgit Kerr and Flergs got together and designed an amazing fall kit called Autumn Glory. It really just has to be seen to be believed!!

Gorgeous kit - but really, would you expect something else from these two!!?? I've done one page with it. I took these photos on a walk we took in Reykjavik in the fall of 2006. We don't get too many of the beautiful colors here where I live, since it's usually too windy for the leaves to actually stay around long enough to change colors LOL - but they do in other parts of the country. Anyhow, Lovisa Lin had so much fun - and the weather was just so great...And here's one page for our China album. This is Lovisa Lin at 15 months and we had signed her adoption papers just the day before. She never cried during this whole process, but you could just tell she was grieving. Her eyes were always wet from unshed tears and she always had a solemn look. Quite a bit different from the vibrant happy 5,5 year old that she is today.
I used a combination of Cinzia Loosemore's My Journey and Live in Color. Then I found this amazing quote by Anna Aspnes. It somehow fit the layout perfectly!

This next one is for Vera Lim's blog challenge. This week the challenge is to scraplift Antje's (one of Vera's CT members) gallery. Her gallery is stunning - so if you plan on taking part in the challenge I can pretty much promise that you'll have a hard time choosing just one layout of hers to lift. Here's my layout...if you check out Vera's blog you can see which one of Antje's I chose to lift :)I used Vera's brand new Fallin' 4 Fall kit again. This kit is fabulous - and I know I'll use it a lot!!

And here's my one non-CT layout for now :) I used Milla Design's gorgeous Autumn Leaves to scrap my 2 year old on a fun, and cold, and windy, and wet walk we took on Saturday. That about sums up fall in Icelan - cold, windy and wet!! Well, she had fun - we did too, actually :) We jumped in a lot of puddles, got really wet from rain and puddles, saw sheep and beautiful waterfalls - and when we got back home and walked past the rocky shore, there were some seals enjoying the wet and windy weather too LOL I tried getting a good photo of the seals, but they were too far away and I couldn't hold my hand steady enough to get a clear shot at maximum zoom.Can you tell she had fun LOL

Layouts are linked for full credit - thank you so much for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the CT gig! I never even try for those teams - I just don't feel that competent! Enjoy all the great stuff!

Unknown said...

Stunning layouts - love the autumnal feel.

Congrats on the CT spot too.

Charlie's Nana said...

Congratulations on your CT spot! Love the layouts you have here.
I so do not like high winds. I can't imagine 80 mph winds being called just windy. lol Sounds very stormy to me. Hope they calm down soon.

Ava in Wonderland said...

Congrats on your CT spot!!

:::Melanie::: said...

Congratulations on your new CT spot! Your LO's are beautiful!

Glynis Peters said...

Congratulations! I adore that last LO,we have had no rain for such a long time, I would love to jump in puddles! We have high winds,a coptic storm brewing today.

Þórunn said...

til hamingju með CT!! Þessi efsta síða heillaði mig svoo mikið að ég rauk til og keypti kittið ;) LOLOL

Hinar eru algert æði líka ;)