Tuesday, September 09, 2008

This and That

There is a new blog challenge over at Vera Lim's blog. This time it's a photograph challenge - you have to use the same photo twice on your layout, once in color and once in black and white. It's a fun challenge - here's the layout I did for it...
I used Vera's gorgeous new kit, Shabby Cottage to scrap my lovely Lovisa Lin enjoying an evening walk at the end of August. She has an innate ability to enjoy each and every moment to the fullest and sort of becomes immersed in a little world of her own. I actually envy her this - although sometimes I get irritated with her since it's not always easy to get her out of this world LOL

I'm still trying to catch up on 2007 photos - I probably won't have them done until 2010 at the rate I'm going, since I'm still only finishing up on January photos!! I do have layouts from other months, but I need to finish the photos I want to scrap from each month. And, I have to redo a few, since they were scrapped during my "ugly scrapping period" LOLThis is my little one in the middle of January 2007 - she had so much fun trying to stand up everywhere, and it was such a joy to watch :)
I used Cinzia Loosemore's newest paper pack, The Essential Papers, and elements from her gorgeous Dare2bU kit.

And my little one again, this time 19 months later - what a difference!! She is on that same car as in the layout on top, only using it outside, usually at maximum legal speed limit :) And she breaks for no one. Can't you tell, though, from her look, that she's a crazy driver? I already dread the moment she will get her driver's licence LOL
I did this layout for the scraplift challenge at Shabby Pickle Designs and I lifted one of Sabrina Dupre's layouts. I used Lydia Kurniawati's (silversword71) designs, mostly Interlude, her contribution to the second Pickle Barrel, but also some of her individually sold alphas. She makes the best alphas!!

My last layout for now is using a photo from 2007. It's my big girl cleaning up the mess she made while experimenting with Crayon Indoor Graffiti LOL She was so ashamed of herself - evident from her look. I got rather angry, but didn't tell her off, just let her clean it herself. She hasn't done it since, so I'm hoping that approach worked :)This is another layout done with Dawn Inskip's gorgeous Express Yourself. It's funtastic!!

I had another layout to show, using Studio Phuong's stunning By The Sea, which she just re-released at her studio over at Scrapbook Graphics. But, I just found out it might be published in the October issue of the Artisan Guild Magazine, so I'm not allowed to. Not that I'm too sorry about it - always fun to be published and not too often it happens LOL So, I'll just show you the kit instead, it's so gorgeous!! Phuong is so extremely talented!!
As always, layouts are linked for full credit. Thank you so much for stopping by :)

6 comments:

katlen124 said...

very nice layouts.
I especially like the one with the grass over the pic.

Kris Ann said...

I love the By the Sea Kit!! Great layouts.

I have a boy & a girl. I find that I have run out of pictures for my daughter & have lots of photos yet to scrap for me son!

have fun scrapping 2007!

Amanda said...

I like all your layouts, but the first one is my favorite in this set. That is a challenge using the same photo once in color and once in b&w.

Elaine said...

Love your layouts, all of them are fantastic. I love the By the Sea Kit, especially since I live by the ocean, the colors are just perfect.

Laura said...

Love the pages!! The face she is making in the clean up pic is priceless!

Angie (mighty-nice) said...

Gorgeous layouts - It would take me 2 months to do that many - ha, ha! I spend WAY too much time blogging and reading blogs when I should be scrapping - like you! Visiting from IL via the DST blog train - come find me here: htpp://isladeangela.wordpress.com/