Sunday, September 21, 2008

Revamp...

I decided to try and revamp my blog. I've always been too intimidated by the html code to ever try. Yesterday, however, I got Shabby Miss Jenn's Autumn Flea Market Blog pack - and it's so stinkin' cute that I just had to try :) And I managed most of it - I still have no clue as to how to replace the boring labels in the sidebar with the jpg/png images that came with the pack, but I might figure it out. Or not LOL If anyone has an idiot prove tut somewhere - please turn me in that direction!!
Here's the blog pack and the gorgeous kit it's made from, Autumn Flea Market...
And here's a layout I did with SMJ's kit.
It's totally fantastic and just amazing to work with!! Oh - and it's in the weekend standouts thread over at DST and it's also in the Standing O's over at OScraps!!

Ok - I've got a few layouts to show. First of all, Dawn Inskip just released a new template, it's called Wish You Were Here and it's perfect for travel layouts. I used it with a kit I just discovered in Dawn's store. It's called Timeless Treasures and it sure is a treasure!! I've used it twice already.
I used it as a front page for our Novembe3 2004 travel album. This was Lovisa Lin's first trip to the US and her third continent even though she was not even 2 years old yet.The photos are taken at the international airport in Keflavik and we were getting ready to board. She was excited, but also anxious, since this was her first visit to Uncle Siggi's and Aunt Jennie's. After a 10 day visit, she had Siggi and Jennie wrapped around her little finger and didn't want to leave LOL

Studio Phuong has a new paper pack in her store. It's gorgeous, and she calls the pack Fallen. The texture and warmth on those papers is amazing! I have a feeling there might be accompanying element packs in the future ;) Since it's not out yet, I used elements from Phuong's beautiful kits, Serenity and Floral Grunge...
These are my daughters last fall. We went to this cottage one weekend in October and while there, visited a site where one of Iceland's greatest 13th century authors once lived. They are standing in front of the door to his "pool house" - or the tunnel leading from the pool to the main house. The pool is circular but not big, a medium sized man can stand in the middle and easily reach both sides with his hands. But it's a natural hot water pool - and really cool :)

Ok - last one today. I did this one for the Unique Style challenge over at the Catscrap blog. They usually have the coolest challenges! I used Creashen's As I Am, mostly, for the layout, and it just shows my lovely 2 year old in July.Off to try and figure out the rest of the html stuff LOL As always, the layouts are linked for full credit - and thank you so much for stopping by :)

5 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful pages! And I love ur new blog digs! Very pretty!

Petra said...

love the new look...shabby is good! :) Also love the pages here, left you some love at DST on some of them this weekend! TFS

Have a great sunday!

Web Designz by Kristi said...

I love the new look - awesome and what a fantastic kit. The layouts are beautiful - Want to be on my CT lol - great work!

SarahB said...

Beautiful layouts! And your blog looks great too--big congrats on joining Shabby Miss Jenn's team!

Teri said...

love your new look!