Sunday, September 07, 2008

New Stuff

Fall is officially here now that my DH has gone back to sea. His boat is out 3 days out of every 4 so 75% of the time I'm a single mum LOL
I love fall - but this is the one thing I dread about the season. Especially since it's usually VERY windy around Iceland this time of year. Fall brings huge south westerly storms, which makes life out on sea not so comfy, and my life really anxious. I watch the open ocean out our living room window and when it blows from the south west, the spray from the waves bathes our windows in salt water. I just made a layout showing the difference between summer and fall when it comes to our ocean - granted, the windy photo was taken when the wind had gone down enough to venture outside, but the ocean was still really wild!I used Karah Fredricks gorgeous new fall kit, called Love Is {Jen} and Karah's Stamped Alphas for this layout.

And, have you seen Dawn Inskip's gorgeous new kit yet? It's huge! And unbelievably beautiful...
The kit is called Express Yourself and is available in all of Dawn's stores, TTS, SSS and NDISB.
Here's one of my layouts with it - it's my 5,5 year old enjoying an evening walk at the beginning of August. Usually we don't go out much after dinner, but that night the weather was so gorgeous, we just had to go for a walk to the beach. And she enjoyed it immensely!
One of the things Lovisa Lin enjoys the most is when we stay at a hotel. When we go to Reykjavik and can't stay at my mom's we try to get a good deal on a big hotel room. Last February we lucked out and got a huge room with an enormous bathroom and jacuzzi for the price of a regular room. The bed was the size of 2,5 king size beds and the girls were in heaven! They fell asleep at different ends of the beds, but during the night they somehow rolled together and more or less ended up in each others' arms. It was so adorable - and of course, the trusty camera was close by LOLI used Birgit Kerr's gorgeous In Dreams for this layout plus a few more of Birgit's awesome designs. I also used a new font FO-Doodle Dance Studio Fontologie. I love it!! So beautiful, but also very usable and readable - perfect for journaling and titles. And, it's got almost all of the European characters - including my special Icelandic ones, which makes it even more wondeful!! It will be available in Steph's studio tomorrow!!

My baby is calling - she is trying to get her rainclothes on, and they are not doing what she wants them to do, so she gets really angry LOL She's got some temper!! So, it's only fitting that the last layout I have to show is of her angelic face :)She's got her pacifier permanently stuck to her face - we are trying to get her to use it less and are trying for her only to use it during the night and never when she leaves the house. It's not going too well, but we'll see. I'm pretty sure she will at some point decide herself that it's not too cool to go out in public with a pacifier in her mouth LOL
I used Amanda Rockwell's gorgeous Sweet Sugar kit for this layout. I love it - perfectly sweet but also totally funky!

As always the layouts are linked for full credit.
Thanks for stopping by :)

7 comments:

Kris Ann said...

Great Blog. Love the layouts you created!

jaye said...

How interesting that you can see the ocean so close. Great layouts.

Melissa said...

Wow, great layouts, love the contrast in the ocean.

Mary said...

Lovely pages you have here but the 1st one is breathtaking,
Congrats on staying on Dawns' team, she is amazing ;)

Mary said...

Lovely pages you have here but the 1st one is breathtaking,
Congrats on staying on Dawns' team, she is amazing ;)

Angie (mighty-nice) said...

Greetings from Illinois! LOVED theexpress yourself photo/layout - really N*I*C*E! I've stopped by to say, "Hi!", courtesy of the blog train. I'd love a visit from you: http://isladeangela.wordpress.com/

LuAnn said...

gorgeous pages! and yes, Dawn's Express yourself kit is divine looking!!!