Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shrove Tuesday

Today is Shrove Tuesday and my in-laws invited us to a traditional dinner of salted lamb, potatoes and yellow pea soup. It was delicious, but I had to be careful because all this salt goes straight to my blood pressure LOL The girls love this, so they ate a lot, but they can handle it :)This is the day where Iceland gets a record breaking number of people visiting the ER with heart palpitation and possible heart attacks. There is just so much fat and salt in there it can easily kill the weak of heart. But we still eat it - and most eat a lot. I love the taste of the meat, if it's not too fat, and potatoes and veggies and I love the soup if it's not too salty - but I don't like how it makes me feel afterwards, so I keep intake to a minimum LOL
And now I go on the treadmill to sweat and drink a gallon of water so that I'll survive this year's Shrove Tuesday with my heart in tact :)

1 comment:

Jan J. said...

That sounds like a wonderful meal! I can so relate to the blood pressure and salt. I have terrible BP problems but I am having a hard time giving up salt. Food tastes like nothing with none or a little.