Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Cats and Buns

It's been an eventful day. I started out this morning taking our cat to the vet to have her fixed. The vet lives an hour or so away from our house and when I got there at 9:30 this morning, the vet gave her a shot while I held her and then I left her with him for an hour - which was the time he said the operation would take. I got back a little over an hour later and when I opened the door the first thing I saw was the cat, asleep on her back, legs stiff in all directions, eyes wide open and the vet finishing sewing her up. I can tell you, I did NOT want to see that!! I felt so sorry for her - the operation took place on a hard wooden table, the table where I left her - which I thought was just a receiving table and that the operation would take place under sterile conditions in a back room, where it would at least be a little warm. But no! Just shows you how much I know!! And then I took her home. He shoveled her into her travelling cage and off we were - like 10 minutes after the operation was done with! But she is ok. The vet's been practicing for many, many years - and he's a really good vet - it was just a big shock :) She's been staggering around all afternoon, prefering to be lying somewhere close to me, but I can see she's getting better.

Anyways, cat adventures aside, Lovisa got to take the bus to the neighboring town after school to visit her friend. Usually she takes part in the after school program until 4 when I'm done with work, but today she got to skip that and just have fun with a friend :) While she was away, Matthildur and I made cinnamon buns
Matthildur loves to bake - and since she didn't get to visit a friend like her big sister, she demanded we do something fun LOL However, our oven is broken, it turns itself off periodically, so baking the cinnamon buns wasn't an easy task - but we managed, and by the time we went to pick up Lovisa, we had a bowl full of really wonderfully smelling cinnamon buns :)

No comments: