Friday, August 28, 2009

Weekend

I can't really believe it's the weekend already - although I have to admit, this past week has crawled by at the pace of a snail, so I'm kind of glad it's finally over LOL
Us girls have been home alone since Sunday afternoon until my DH came back home Thursday morning. The girls were ecstatic when he got home, it's really tough on them when he goes back out on sea after having been home for 3 months during the summer. And now he's home for the weekend, he leaves again sometime Sunday night, so we are planning on relaxing and having some family fun this weekend :)

I'm trying to catch up on my scrapping too. This summer was so busy that I just put all scrapping obligations on hold and enjoyed trips and my being outside with my family. I also lost my mojo completely, so I wasn't really happy with what I came up with when I sat down and scrapped a bit. Now I'm trying to catch up, and I feel like my mojo is slowly but surely returning.

Dawn Inskip released a new kit today at her Pickleberry Pop store. It's called A Wild Adventure - and it's really terrific!!
Here's one of the layouts I've made with it
It's me and my older daughter hiking in southern Iceland in July 2004. She was only 18 months old - but she has always been amazing when it comes to hiking and climbing. This time, she climbed quite the ways up, until she was totally exhausted and got a ride in the walking pack on her dad's back :) Can you tell how much I like photos of myself? It's pretty aparent from the grand use of the eraser brush LOL

Edeline Marta joined forces with Carolyn Kite this week and they came out with a fabulous kit called Rock Star. I used it to scrap my super cool 5 year old nephew playing his guitar. He knows the MOVES!!!
Isn't he cool?

This little lady in the flower pot is my beautiful three year old daughter. We were at the beach in July, in unusually (for Iceland) warm weather and she was just having a blast!! When we got there she was asleep and we let her sleep for a little while in the car while we went down to the ocean. When she woke up she was in the worst mood, but once she got to strip down to her undies and got to wade a bit in the ocean, she was the happiest camper of them all :) Since we were alone there, she ended up butt naked, wading in the North Atlantic upto her waiste!!!
I used Mystique Designs' fab new kit, Pink Delight, just released at OScraps.

And lastly, there is my gorgeous 6 year old in a contemplative mood. I just love her to bits and pieces. I used Irene V Alexeeva's newest kit, Thumbelina - available at Scrap Orchard.

That's it :) All the layouts are linked for full credit. Thank you so much for stopping by - and have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Designs By Kelin said...

I'm from the dst blog train. Love your blog and you should include yourself in the LO's your family would love to see that I'm sure.

Hope you enjoy your time with hubby.

Unknown said...

wonderful pages!!