Friday, August 21, 2009

Fall's Coming!!

I guess fall is really coming. Today, Matthildur went to Kindergarten, Lovisa went to school, I went to work and DH got his first weekend break of the season. I got home at lunch and it was totally quite - I had the house to myself for an entire hour. And it felt good!!!
After work, we got into our car and drove for 3,5 hours to my mom and her husband's country hotel in the south of Iceland. We are running it for them this weekend since it's their wedding anniversary and we decided they should get away somewhere to celebrate. So we are here - and they are not, which is a first, and I have to admit that it feels a little weird. But I hope they'll enjoy themselves. As for us, this evening has been rather entertaining since there is a group of senior citizens staying here, and they just whipped up a little party, with music and singing and dancing. Of course, with the average age well above 70, everyone was tired (and a little drunk LOL) by midnight and everyone was in bed by 1am :) It was a lot of fun, though!!
Anyways, a sure sign of fall is that my designers are already producing the most fabulous fall kits. I've already scrapped three of them...
My beautiful girls in a rare hugging moment. They do hug for the camera when I tell them to - but hardly ever otherwise. It's not that the little one wouldn't like to hug her big sister, it's just that the big sister still thinks she might catch something if she gets overly touchy feely with her little sister. After all, the little sister still produces her fair share of snot. Sometimes she's also dirty, and the big sister hates to be dirty LOL
I used a fantastic new collab from Mystique Designs and MDesigns. It's called Precious Autumn and is available both at OScraps and Digital Créa.

This is my girls again, only the photo is a year old. It's taken in October 2008 and we were on a little weekend trip to a vacation house out in the middle of nowhere. This is on one of the walks we tood - in amazing weather and beautiful fall colors!!
I used Irene V Alexeeva's beautiful new kit, Whisper, available at Scrap Orchard.

And, finally, my big girl when she was little :) This is in October 2006. We lived in Reykjavik at the time and Matthildur was only 3 months old, sleeping in her pram while we took walks. Lovisa, however, at the mature age of almost 4 years old, walked everywhere - and was very proud of herself usually :) This photo was taken while we were on our way back home from visiting Lovisa's great grandmother, Trausti's grandma, who lived across the valley from us, so it was an easy walk.
I used Kristin's ScrapDesign's gorgeous new kit, Crisp Autumn, available at Pickleberry Pop.

That's it for today - or night, since it's 1:30 am :) Thank you so much for stopping by!! The layouts are all linked for full credits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing layout!!! Love how you placed all elements and photos!! Great work!!

Kos med papir og saks said...

gorgeous pages and nice to read about the story behind them.

have a nice week