Monday, August 17, 2009

Vacation

I'm on vacation right now - at least for today and the next few days. My 6,5 year old will start second grade on Thursday and I wanted to be home with her organizing her school stuff, our craft stuff and getting the house ready for fall. Sunday, we managed to move a couple of desks and make a little homework/computer room for both girls and me :) It's kind of cozy, since we'll all be sitting next to each other - me at my computer and the girls at the other desk doing homework or drawing. Today, I tidied up all of the middle floor, where the bedrooms and our cozy homework room is - now all I have to do is clean LOL
My little one started kindergarten last Thursday, after having had 6 weeks off for summer. She loves it there and couldn't wait to get back, really, but she is SO tired after having spent so much time there. She is tired, cranky and whiny when she gets home - so there is a complete relaxation hour for her, just vegetating in front of the tv or with me and a book, after she gets home. It's good for everyone, actually, to get that hour of relaxation, although I am planning on using it to help my schoolgirl with her homework when that starts up in a few days.

Anyways, I'm in a bit of a scrapping dump these days, but I did manage this one, with one of Edeline's newest kits called Vintage Memories. She made it especially for her guest month at Scrappity-Doo-Dah...
This is my three year old picking blueberries last Sunday. Yes, this is what we wear in August here in Iceland LOL - no tanktops and shorts for us, just heavy sweaters and hats!! It's getting slightly chilly and fall is definitely in the air. Here are a couple more photos from yesterday's berry picking trip :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO & you have gorgeous girls. I love the sound of the cozy computer room, I wish we had space to do that lol!

Visiting from the DST blog train: http://suzyqscraps.com/blog/?p=431