Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

...to all who celebrate it :) We don't, althought the tradition is slowly getting imported to Iceland from America LOL I guess we all like to get romantic once in awhile - not bad to have a designated day for it :)

February 11Lovisa Lin and Matthildur Inga dancing on the living room floor :) Lovisa had dance lessons at school the other week and now she decided it was time to teach her little sister the moves LOL They had fun - so did I watching!! Notice the bandaid on Matthildur's leg? She has scratches all over from the cat. They just can't keep away from each other, must be the attraction that youngsters have for each other - at least they keep seeking each other out. And when Matthildur gets a little rough, the cat gives her a little pat with her claws, Matthildur gets a bandaid and then they keep on playing LOL

February 12Trausti got home early this morning afther having worked all night and slept very little for the past 3 days. Obviously he was tired - so when nighttime came around, he decided to let the girls sleep in our bed and they all fell asleep while he was reading for them. Even the cat - but the cat woke up when I snuck in with the camera. I thought this was altogether too adorable to not be the photo of today :) Poor Trausti only got 2 hours of sleep because he went back to work at 10:30 that night - and he's not coming back until Sunday night.

February 13
I didn't take these photos, our au-pair did. She is cooking Chinese for us today. Last night she marinated the chicken wings with some spices she brought back from China on February 1. This smells wonderful - and I've been looking forward to this meal all day :) She took these photos last night when she was making the marinade and after she coated the chicken. Looks delicious!!! And she is busy cooking right now - so the house has a wonderful aroma - mmmm!!!

February 14
Today is my birthday and this is the card I got this morning from my daughters. They also sang Happy Birthday to me all day LOL Their dad took them to the store on Thursday when he was home and they each chose a birthday present for me. When their dad had convinced them that I would maybe not appreciate Playmobile the same way they did, this is what they got me...
Matthildur Inga got me a fluffy pink cat - and she wrote on the card herself, with a little help from her dad :)
Lovisa Lin also got me a pink cat - more of a princess cat, but that's also because Lovisa is pure princess :) She also wrote on the card herself and wrote "To the best mom from Lovisa Lin"I love these - they are so cute :)

That's it for now - thank you so much for stopping by!!! BTW, it's nighttime and dinner is over with. The chicken wings tasted divine - as did the accompanying Beijing style Garlic and Koriander flavored cold noodles...yum!!!

15 comments:

AlaskaMoffitts said...

Love the picture of your three sleeping beauties! I'm hungry hearing about your chicken too! Love your journalling and treatment of the pictures!

Anonymous said...

OMG lilja, this kitty is to die for LOL - great pics as ever!

GaoyouMom said...

Lilja, what a wonderful photo of your sleeping family. That's one of the sweetest photos I've seen ina long time.

Happy birthday to you! What cute pink kitties!

I don't often have to comment as much as I'd like to, but I enjoy your blog very much.

JoAnn Stringer said...

Love the photo of your daughters sleeping with dad. I bet they miss him when he's gone -- Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's Day!

Jan J. said...

Yep, the sleeping photo with the kitty peeking out of the corner is wonderful! Is your au pair from China?! Now that would be cool!

Jan J. said...

Yep, the sleeping photo with the kitty peeking out of the corner is wonderful! Is your au pair from China?! Now that would be cool!

Jan J. said...

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your girls made great choices LOL! Who could resist a pink cat!?

tconlan said...

Happy Happy birthday!!! Love the sleeping photo! have that framed!

Shane Marie said...

Such sweet photos--the dancing and the sleeping ones are just wonderful. Such lovely presents from your daughters as well. There's lots of love in your home! Happy birthday!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

Awww these are so sweet, I love the one of htem all sleeping!! Happpyyyy Birthday!!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Lilja!!! I love that sleeping photo - awesome!! You have an au pair = how cool. Does she live with you? Is she Chinese or did she just go for a visit. Sorry to be so nosy - I'm intrigued!! :)

Kimberly said...

Your photos are so pretty! Happy Birthday to you!!

I just love the way your crop them!

chinalifebooks said...

Are you the luckiest Mom is the world! the cards are just priceless and so cute as they sit with their stuffed animals...Happy Belated birthday! Kay

Gislina said...

Lilja mín, fauk allur skrappandinn úr þér í einhverju rokinu fyrir vestan? Vonandi kemur hann aftur með einhverri kviðunni í rokinu næstu daga :-)

Kv
Gilla

dawn i said...

Lilja :) How's things? Gorgeous photo's as always, your girls are so photogenic - LOVE Feb 12 pic :) xx