Thursday, July 17, 2008

Loooong post!!

This is going to be a long post - so bear with me LOL I have 5 layouts to show and there is a story behing each one of them :) But first of all...we are going camping!! Yeah, I can't wait!! We are leaving tomorrow afternoon after work and not returning until August 1. I just hope we'll have good weather!!

Anyways...the first layout of the day is of my daughters. We went on a walk into the lava field the other day, there is a path through it that goes in a circle which makes a good walk. The weather was relatively nice and it's always warmer in the lava than anywhere else, plus the rocks shield you from the wind if there is any. They had so much fun! Lovisa was on her bike and Matthildur on foot. At one stop I wanted to take their picture and they sat still for all of 10 seconds, during which I managed to snap 3 photos - one of which was usable LOL
I used Diamante Designs' new Kraft Basics paper pack, among other things. This is kraft paper Lori style - and it's gorgeous!!
When we went to visit my sister's family around the middle of June we went to the beach and my daughter and my nephew (the older one) built what they liked to call a space shuttle :) They somehow managed to gather together all the debris on the beach, there were some large pieces of wood, some big rocks and the base of it all was an iron door of a ship that had reached land long time ago. They had so much fun, and the younger ones, my two year old and my one year old nephew watched and tried to help :) When the space ship was almost done, my little nephew decided he wanted to get on top of it. So he started to climb and it took a lot of concentration and stubbornness, but up he went! He was so proud of himself. I loved the look on his face during each and every step on the way up - but most of all the joy when he was on top!
I used Karah Fredericks' gorgeous kit, A Thing Called Spring...

In June 2005 we went to England and Lovisa got this beautiful pink Disney princess umbrella. She loved it and used it quite a bit while we were there. Here in Iceland, however, rain is usually horizontal which makes umbrellas absolutely useless. Once in a while we get rain without wind, and when opportunity knocks, the pink princess umbrella gets to go out and play. Even if the rain consists of just 2 raindrops every five minutes. This is one of those times - we hardly noticed it was raining, but she had noticed a couple of raindrops on her hand, so out came the umbrella LOLI used Tracey Monette's quirky stuff. I love her quirky stuff - it's so much fun!!

June 17 is our Independence Day. We spent it with my sister's family in the northwest part of Iceland. They just moved there last December and this was our first visit. In the morning we took a drive to this remote fjord where we spent a few hours on the beach, then the plan was to drive back to town and watch the festivities. Well, the kids were all beat from playing on the beach and when we finally got to town, all of them were asleep. We decided to skip the celebration and instead drive to the next town, maybe 30-40 minutes away and let them sleep. But when we passed the town square the festivities were starting and I got this photo out the car window LOL It's horrible quality. I had to use maximum zoom and then I had to enlarge it a little for the layout and clean it up a bit because the car windows were far from clean! However, I think the layout turned out ok :)I used Dawn Inskip's Celebration kit and her brand new Blossoms element pack. I always have problems with the 4th of July kits, but this time I didn't. The colors do match our flag and isn't this background paper not the most gorgeous??
And here's my last layout from last week :) There is no story behind this one, I just thought that Matthildur looked cute in her raincoat, trying to keep warm in the cold rain last weekend!
This is exclusively Birgit Kerr's stuff.

Better get back to packing for our camping trip. I never know how much clothes and stuff to take for a trip like this. I don't want to take too much and I definitely do NOT want to get stuck with everything dirty and the girls running around in their undies in the rain because there is just nothing else to wear LOL

And on a final note - they are in bed right now, supposed to be falling asleep, but Lovisa is in the top bunk singing Christmas Carols and Matthildur is in the bottom bunk, her behind up in the air while she sings Happy Birthday to Daddy, whose birthday is not until October LOL
Never a dull moment :)

6 comments:

Ava in Wonderland said...

Gorgeous LOs!!

Creative Junkie said...

your layouts are just beautiful!

and wow, i am just drooling over lori's papers! WOW.

Anonymous said...

I love your layouts!

RachelV said...

All great layouts! Have fun on your camping trip!

kristinvald said...

ohh....alltaf svo flottar myndir hjá þér Lilja, kemst ekki yfir það hvað þú ert afkastamikil og dugleg...næ bara um einni mynd á viku núna !

kveðja
Kristín

Marlen said...

*wow* GREAT pages... every one of them is just beautifully scrapped *respect*

Hugs, Marlen