Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back from camping!

We got back from camping late Monday night - a bit earlier than we planned, but it was a fun camping trip none the less. We had exceptional weather the whole time - except for this one night where it was so windy that I thought our camper would blow over LOL We got the remains of Tropical storm Berta that night, and even though it was far from hurricane winds, it was still very windy. The bonus of the storm was VERY hot weather!! We are still having far above average temperatures and sunny days! The temps are in the upper 70s to lower 80s Fahrenheit, which translates to upper 20s Celsius. In a country where the average temperature for July is a little over 10°C (in the 50s Fahrenheit) - this is VERY hot, and we are enjoying it immensely!

I haven't scrapped very much for the past 2 weeks - even though the laptop got to go with, it was mainly there so I could empty the memory card of my camera once in a while LOL

I managed one layout in the week before we left - and that's all that week! I usually do at least a page a day so this is VERY little LOL. This layout took me a while, though. This is my little one on the beach at the end of June...
Most everything here is from Cinzia Loosemore.

I did manage one layout during our trip, I had just bought Kasia's Blowing Dandelions kit and when I got this photo of my older one blowing dandelions, I just had to scrap it right away LOLThis last one is also from our camping trip. My little one had such a blast being outside all the time, running and jumping and exploring. And she got exhausted, which is the main reason why we got back early. But while her energy lasted (a good 10 days) she was the happiest of kids :)
This is again with Cinzia Loosemore's designs. She came out with a new and gorgeous kit while we were camping, it's called Dare2bU - and like all her designs, it's absolutely fabulous!! Check out the Dare2bU bundle, it's 43% off at Digital Freebies right now!! Cinzia has a new store at Sunshine Studio Scraps too and the kit is there as well and also at a special prize!!
This layout was in the Standouts at DST yesterday (yeah!!) and it's also mentioned at a blog called Best of Digital Scrapbooking!! How great is that!! Although, I really cannot take the credit since it's a quickpage created by Cinzia and comes with the kit. I only added the photo and a couple of elements from the kit.

Anyways - on my way out to enjoy our tropical heat wave LOL
Have a good day!!

6 comments:

Angela said...

GORGEOUS LAYOUTS! It sounds like you had so much fun on your camping trip - can't wait to see more pages from you!

Barb said...

Beautiful Angela!

Elaine said...

I couldn't imagine having the average temp that low, I love the heat and so does my DH. Needless to say we moved south when we retired. Sounds like you had a fun camping trip, love your layouts.

Leigh said...

Beautiful lo's!

Charlie's Nana said...

Love you layouts. Congrats on having one of them in the Standouts at DST.
Daytime high here is hovering in the upper 90's so your hot sounds almost cool for me. LOL

Anonymous said...

I like all of the layouts. It's easy to see how they were chosen as DST standouts.