Monday, June 23, 2008

Expressions Summer

We live right by the shores of the North Atlantic, watch it out our living room window, actually, and feel the salty water everywhere when the wind blows from the south west. It's a spectacular sight, watching the ocean when it's windy - and since we are actually by the open ocean, it's almost always gorgeous. There is a big difference between the ocean in fjords and the open ocean, it's like the difference between a tame and a wild horse.
Anyways, Lovisa Lin is absolutely fascinated by the ocean. Last summer we got a few really warm days (for Iceland LOL) which we got to spend at the beach. The currents are too strong for kids to go in the ocean - and even if they could, it's always just a tad bit too cold, but Lovisa Lin loves to watch it and she always looks almost like she is defying it. "Come and get me if you dare" kind of attitude - so, when Dawn Inskip came out with this amazing set of summer word art, this photo is the first one I thought of when I saw this quote. It just seemed to match perfectly!
Dawn's pack is called Expressions Summer and it's just fabulous - if you haven't seen it already, go check it out.I have another layout to show, it's one I did a few days back - and it's not a CT layout LOL I used Ah! Designs (Amy Hutchinson's) gorgeous Melon Madness kit to scrap a photo of Matthildur eating a sandwich on a little pier we found while traveling last week. The weather was so nice and we stopped there for quite a while, taking in the gorgeous landscape of one of Iceland's remote fjords and the beautiful bird life.
Have a good day :)

11 comments:

Ellie said...

I love your lo's they're beautiful! It sounds like you live in a lovely place. I never get tired of reading about where other digi-scrappers live!

Miranda Barten said...

Love your layouts...dawn's wordart is great..and so is Amy's kit...I have both of them..lol

Caatje said...

Wow, I love your layouts! Thanks for showing.

Love Fryske

Elaine said...

Thanks for sharing your layouts, they are beautiful

Barb said...

Beautiful layouts, Lilja. I've always been interested in Iceland. What I've seen on television looks exceptionally beautiful and unique to me!

Ava in Wonderland said...

Gorgeous LOs!!

Sara E said...

WOW! your view seems BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I bet that is so hard not to be able to dive into the waters at times...

sooooo very very pretty LOs too :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous works of art hun :)

Anonymous said...

Those are fabulous layouts.

Anonymous said...

I love the top lo! Too cute makes you wonder what she is thinking.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous stunning work Lilja - as always :)