Sunday, August 31, 2008

This and that...

I'm just going to make an attempt at my second post this month! I've been seriously un-motivated to blog lately - well really all the time, but worse now than usual LOL

This is my layout for today - I did it this morning before 8am since my lovely daughters decided to wake up at 5:25, asking for Lucky Charms, which was their promised breakfast this weekend! They enjoyed it, I didn't - I really hate getting up early, almost as much as I dispise overly sweet breakfast cereal LOL, but I did get some scrapping done!I did this for the scraplift challenge over at the Digi Chick and I used Karah Fredricks' stuff for it. Basically, I just love this photo and wanted to scrap it so that it was prominent on the layout. They were just so peaceful and gorgeous :)
I took the photo at the end of July when we were on our way home from a 12 day camping trip. My girls were really tired and fell asleep in the car. Lovisa's comforter was packed between the two car seats and her head and upper body fell on it when she fell asleep. She slept really well (weird considering she was bent at the waist at an awkward angle!) so now she asks that her comforter be packed right in the middle whenever we take a longer car trip :)

Apart from scrapping we have also been pretty productive this weekend, we finally bought lights to replace our last "Russian" bulbs (I'm almost ashamed to say that we've been living here for 3 years and still had a couple of rooms with bare bulbs!), also sorted through Lovisa's old clothes and washed the ones that now fit Matthildur. And, we are almost halfway through declusterizing our storage room.

And I scrapped a page yesterday, too :) This time using Cinzia Loosemore's gorgeous new Essential Papers and her My Journey kit...
This is Lovisa at 20 months in August 2004. We went for a walk and at one point she decided to put on her hat, which was about a size too small. So, she proceded to have a huge fight with the hat, and being the stubborn little thing she is, she didn't give up until she got it on right. And she was mightily proud of herself for succeeding :)

And I'm pretty proud of the layout too - I just found out it was chosen layout of the day at the Digi Chick :D - and it's also layout of the week at the Digi Chick blog!!

5 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

Amanda said...

Those are pretty layouts! Congrats on the 2nd one being featured at The Digi Chick!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts! I love the frist one! Congratulations for LOTD! :)

Elaine said...

Wow beautiful layouts, Congratulations!!, wonderful blog

Being Mrs Miles said...

Well is your layout with the kids sleeping cute OR WHAT! Awww - sorta grungy cute. Thanks for sharing.

You certainly have a talent for 'pulling it all together' nicely.

I've enjoyed my visit.

Barb (Mrs. Miles)